Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Staying Strong

Who knew that admitting to such a silly weakness would create almost as many comments as the unveiling of the baby shawl, LOL! It was prompted by the yarn on the Elann sneek peaks---Elann is my 'home page' and Rob asked last night why I never make anything like they show on Elann, such as the green coat (notice he said nothing about the two pink sweaters they showed for a couple days, LOL). That, and the fact that starting in April I will be heading up to Shelburne once a week for Lucy's speech therapy....I have to check Wooly's hours....maybe they're not open on Thursday mornings.....

Rob asked for 'his' ice scraper mitt the other night. I told him it was on the bench in the hall. He finds the new one and declares it's now his, I can just 'whip' up another one to give as the belated Christmas gift. In fact, he thinks I should whip up a bunch and sell them. Haaa Haaa. I do like felting, but I'm not keen on intarsia, on having to do it flat. I don't think using two strands would work too well on the knitting machine. One was fun, two was great--knowing it fit this time, but three? Three's a crowd, LOL.

I am still seeking ideas for the KnitPicks Shadow laceweight. I looked through some of my old books/patterns. A lot use sock yarn weight, but not anything finer, and no really technical lacey type things. I think though, that the yarn would be too fine to give a garment any structure. I saw one pattern in an old Rams Wool catalogue that could be adapted. Double the yarn for the body, ending above the bust, then single strand for the yoke and sleeves. But I am bra-dependent, so not too comfortable with that sort of top. Any of you with "Victorian Lace Today" seen any garment type projects in it? I want something fabulously difficult looking like a shawl, but wearable. Or should I just give in to my inner lacey self and do a shawl? Did anyone in an old KnitPicks catalogue how they turned a stole into a top? Mmmm....

No comments: