Monday, November 19, 2007

Ooops!

Way back when....around March or so....I won this lovely KnitPicks Shadow laceweight yarn from Curlerchik

(although it's not purple like that!). One thing I thought I might make with it is this:Although the pattern actually calls for mohair, which is usually listed as a thicker gauge cause of the fuzz.

So how did this happen?

It's the Trellis Lace scarf from Interweave Knits awhile ago. I started this in August just before we left on vacation. I wanted it more stole like so I added one repeat, although it's still not near stole width; but I don't wear scarves or stoles anyway, LOL. This picture was taken Sept 2, and I've only done maybe two or three more repeats of the pattern. Although I have to follow the pattern somewhat, I'm already bored. I like lace, but this isn't bringing much enjoyment or enthusiasm. It's not easy enough to be brainless, and not hard enough to be challenging.

So what do I do now?

4 comments:

smariek said...

I understand. I love lace, but haven't had the brainpower to work it lately. That's why I do cables now, it's easy TV knitting.

BTW, we used to get Zoboomafoo briefly. Well, briefly for us, cuz it went off the air shortly after we discovered it. So we're stuck with the same 4 episodes still on our Tivo. Love the show, and I know what you mean about the silly songs & costumes many kids shows have.

Anonymous said...

Rip, sister, rip! Save the yarn for something you'd like more.

Sandra said...

only knit what you love...

Ever Changing said...

try a knitting machine on it....