Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Three Little Kittens

What is it with mittens this year? First I lose the tipless gloves that I loved. At least they were spotted in the slush of the Wal-Mart parking lot. Then I lost the plum/orangey/pink striped mitts I made just before New Year's. I think they might be at Sobey's, but I don't get there very often and I doubt Rob would remember to check for me. And now, it's Megan's turn. I made her a pair of little mitts in Patons Classic Merino in bright pink. Oh so cute! Then one went missing! I was just about to knit a new one, when I found the missing one in the back of the truck. I brought it in the house with the groceries....and now there is one pink mitts on the stairs and I can't find the other one. Is the one on the stairs the missing one, or the non-missing one? How long do I look for this time? I KNOW if I knit another one, I'll find the missing one, and then have three.....but do you know how confused that will make me? Especially since these are left/right mitts and I'll have two of one, but of course, will ever be able to only find the two that are the same.

2 comments:

smariek said...

LOL. Well you're way ahead of me with the mitts. I started toddler mitts over a year ago, and the WIP got "lost" between old house and new house. I'm sure it's somewhere, and will be found when her hand is larger than the WIP.

LisaW. said...

we frequently have mismatched 'related' mitts instead of matchy matchy. same with sox. started that trend when the girl was just a toddler so now as a teen it's de rigour...as long as there's something common to keep everyone playing nicely together basically anything goes...
oh, and re: the cotton, actually it's heavy enough to drape well and provide just enough protection from those pesky nippy breezes on a sunny day, yet not so much that you feel you're lugging around a summer blankie. it actually has grown on me and i'm getting very fond of how it feels...the elann.com sonata is fabulous stuff and great for kid clothes...just pop in the washer and the dryer and good as new!