Monday, July 14, 2008

The Elephants Are Coming!

I read a nice blog frequently, and she made one of these cute little elephants. It uses worsted weight yarn; great for using up scraps. I showed the picture to Lucy, who of course wanted one right away. We picked out a few colours and I got started. Of course, I got sidetracked; it's not very portable despite being small, there's sewing and stuffing and going to Wal-Mart to buy poly-beads....
but it got done finally last week. I had visions of making many of these to use up scraps, but I think I'll pass on that idea. I do have some other elephant patterns I want to try though. And, this striped idea would work well for any animal pattern that has enough detail that you know what the animal is supposed to be even if it would never appear in those colours in the wild. But not too much detail that it would get overwhelming and distracting to have both colours and details. Ya know what I mean? LOL.

2 comments:

Cindy G said...

That is So Cute!!! I love the wild colors.

smariek said...

It's cute. I haven't ventured into knitted toys yet. There was a caterpillar that caught my eye a while back, how hard can it be to do increases and decreases to make bally sections?