Saturday, September 20, 2008

Some Forgotten Projects

Recently my MIL asked if I had any of the cute 'flower' hats I had made a few years ago. I didn't have any left that were small enough for a newborn (and that Meg hadn't worn). But I took some pictures of a couple other outfits to show her. Then I realized that they were from before this blog started so I haven't shared them with you! I tried selling these in craft shows, fall 2003 and 2004.

I'm not sure if I knew about the Baby Surprise Jacket at that time, but I did have the pattern for the similiar Baby Surplice Jacket. The one thing that bothers me with these sweaters is the shoulder seams/top of arms is a little stiff compared to the sweater. Even though I do a kitchener grafting, it's still stitches to rows so I don't think there's anyway to avoid it.

Simple rectangular 'dishcloth' blanket with way too many ends to weave in.
Another EZ sweater that is currently very popular, the February Baby Sweater. I don't like how the ribbons are done; if anyone has suggestions for sewing on ribbons, I'd love to hear it.
I thought the bonnet looked a little big for a newborn although I'm sure I followed a pattern. But, maybe not:
What a cute little shrug it makes for an almost 3 year old!
AND! This is post #300!!! So, I think I will have a little giveaway. Last year at the K-W Knitter's Fair I scooped up one little skein of some handpainted Artisan NZ Merino Laceweight. It's so soft and pretty, but I think I'd like to pass it on to someone else who might appreciate it! Leave me a comment, about anything! and I'll draw a name. Contest closes Monday morning or afternoon, or whenever I get back to the blog, but not before Monday morning :)

3 comments:

suzyq said...

Hi Tracy, I love reading your blog, its kind of cool reading about a fellow knitter in the same town. Meghan looks so cute in the sweater and with the hat she resembles a little amish girl especially with her back turned.
Linda

ikkinlala said...

Congratulations on 300 posts!

I love that blanket, but I wouldn't want to make one with that many stripes (I agree with you about the ends).

smariek said...

I should probably try the Baby Sweater before tackling the Lady Sweater, lol.

Oh, about my blog, I'm practicing my French. It's temporary. Also, all my blog posts (and other knitters' blog posts) are being copied and reposted on knitting club dot org. It'll be amusing to see my bad French posts reposted there.