Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Warm Feet

I used to make Fiber Trend's felted clog pattern quite a bit, but last year started making the felted clogs on my bulky knitting machine.  Those were nice and quick, but only a single layer, done in stockinette stitch.  Even done in two colour fair isle, the soles are not as thick as the FT clogs, which are done in garter stitch (much denser than stockinette) and have two layers.  They're also done with a bulkier yarn (or, two strands of Patons Classic Wool).  I finally put holes in my last pair of the MK clogs, and decided it was time to HK a Fiber Trend's pair!
 These were made entirely of Patons Classic Wool this time (sometimes I use Lopi), and weigh 240gr and are the lady's medium. If you make them, keep in mind that the soles use up more wool than the body part.
They took me a little longer than I was expecting, because I haven't made them in awhile and I just don't seem to get "sit and knit in the quiet" time anymore!  However, I got started right away for another pair, either for the gift box, or maybe for my "store".  What do you call an online store?

Yarn In:  14 828gr
Yarn Out:  12 961+ 240gr = 13 201 gr
Balance:  1627gr more In than Out
Costs:  317.59/276 days = $1.15/day


1 comment:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Cute booties! You asked about my waterfall cardigan--it looks like McCall 6084 is a similar pattern. I added a little more explanation about the center back seam on the front piece and a link to M6084 to the post.