Monday, October 22, 2012

Clogging

I recently watched a special on TLC about two rival southern US clog dancing studios.  That has nothing to do with these slippers, also known as "clogs".  The shoes that the dancers wear look like jazz shoes with tap dance cleats.  These knitted clogs look more like traditional Dutch wooden clogs.


 Anyway.  Another pair,  241gr of Classic Wool.  I used two colours for the upper main part, changing yarns in the center since it's done with short rows and that's the only spot that works.  Also, on this pair, I did the bumper join a little different.  I've often found that the bumper seems too big, so this time, I picked up the stitches and followed the instructions for the next row, but cast off at the same time.  Oh, and I never bother with picking up the sts with a spare needle (for the sole, the bumper or the cuff). 

These are listed in my online store!
 


Yarn In: 17 741gr
Yarn Out:  241gr + 13 899gr = 14 140gr
Balance: 3601gr more brought IN than out
Costs:  $420.20/302 days =  $1.39/day

No comments: