Friday, April 26, 2013

A Little Dent

Life is busy, what else can I say...except also that the kids keep using up our internet usage amount before we get to the end of the billing cycle, so we have to go on an internet diet, or else go to the library (or the Home Depot parking lot--did you know they have free wi-fi?).
I think I've mentioned before about Dawn, and Hourglass Imaging.  She's the one who ordered the green Epic hat (along with a pink one I haven't shown yet), and the striped crochet earflap newborn hat that I showed on an Angry Birds stuffie.  She's been doing a bit of design/branding work for me, so she can show it on her website.  It's so exciting.  TracyKM Designs is going to have a new look!  Anyway, as a thank you, I thought I'd use up the rest of the yarn from the striped hat, and make a "matching but different" hat, more summery, and also nice for twins.

Not much to show, without an adorable baby wearing it!  I've been using black for my backgrounds lately.  I didn't think I'd like it, and it started by accident (more on that in the next post or two), but I do!
This hat, though, took only 26gr of yarn (of course, that means if you buy a 50gr ball of yarn, you can't crochet two the same...you could knit one, and crochet one though).  This barely makes a dent in my stash!!  I'm so bummed, I'm not even going to tell you about the two spools(?) of #10 thread I bought to crochet daffodils for next April.

Yarn In:  6437gr
Yarn Out:  1672gr + 26gr = 1698gr
Balance:  4739 gr more brought IN than out
Costs:  $173.75/116 days = $1.50/day

No comments: