Sunday, August 18, 2013

Updates

I've been away from home this past week, got home Friday evening and have been SO busy--catching up from being away and getting ready to go away again on Tuesday....then when we get home on Friday I have to recover from this trip AND get ready to go camping on Sunday!  Feeling a little stressed!  I didn't get as much knitting done as I would have liked while away (at my parents' with my kids) because we went wild blackberry and wild blueberry picking, and I had to drive.  Oh well, it's been a bumper crop this year, so it's nice to have some in the freezer!

I figured this would be a good time to update my Yarn In total, since I just bought some more yarn.  Yes.  More.  Sorry for the no pictures, but this just needs to be done quick!

Camo acrylic (Red Heart?), 235gr, $1.99; Bernat Max, 75gr x 6= 450gr, $5.98; total $9.01
Patons Shetland Chunky, 100gr, Some other grey chunky, 100gr; and a beautiful yellow laceweight rayon by Infiniknit; total, $23.30
DGB Confetti sock yarn; one ball partially knitted, 100gr; $3.39
Red Heart Boutique Fizzle, 100gr, $7.90

The Fizzle is neat, I wish I had had it when I made the three "Epic" hats, I think it's what was used in the inspiration photo.  It's really hard to describe.  When I made those hats, I would knit three stitches, then make a chain of about 10 stitches, and join it back to the top stitch.  This gives the same result, but it's more like two plies of the yarn are twisted into a mini-twist cord, at very close intervals along a binder ply.  Does that make sense? 

Yarn In:  1185gr + 7837gr = 9022gr
Yarn Out:  4997gr
Balance:  4025gr more brought IN than out
Costs:  $43.60 + $227.61 = $271.21/231 days = $1.17/day

No comments: