Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Itty Bitty Fruit Hats

I thought I had figured out blogging on the iPad, and Google was backing up all my photos...but I just took some and then tried to blog and the new pictures didn't show up, and I don't know how to get them.  So, I moved to the desktop to write a different post with pictures already downloading on the computer.  Suddenly, every time we use Internet Explorer, we are getting a ton of pop up ads (that mostly say Jump Flip Ads at the side) as well as side bars...I moved the pop up blocker to block all pop ups, but that's not doing anything.  So, I'm trying Google Chrome, but the ads are still there.  Anyone else have this issue?

Anyway.  On to the fun stuff.

My husband, Rob, had a co-worker that he liked, who's wife was having their second baby.  I offered to give them a newborn pumpkin hat.  I'm trying to expand my client list and get my name out there a bit more.  I do more than newborn photography props!

They loved the pumpkin hat, and asked for four more, in NB and 3 month sizes!

 First up is a red apple, in newborn size.  This weighed in at 32gr.  I used a nice, brownish red, instead of a bright red you often see for apple hats.
 A newborn blueberry hat.  I played with the top quite a bit.  I wanted a bit more of a flappy look--if you look closely at the top of a blueberry, it's not flat.  In the end, I went with a round of stitches picked up and then casted off.  Weighed 58gr, in Shetland Chunky or Beehive Chunky...
 A 3 month plum hat.  I had the perfect plum colour, and Rob had the idea of a ridge down the side like you see on plums.  Subtle, but effective.  A seed stitch brim on this one, used up every inch of the yarn I had, 32gr.


A last, a green grape.  I loved the green I had, and I added a grape leaf and curly cue vine!  Total, 36gr.  This is the same green I used for one of the Christmas tree hats!

All total, 158gr.

Yarn In:  16 153gr
Yarn Out:  158gr + 15 076gr = 15 234gr
Balance:  919 gr more brought IN than out
Costs:  $378.91/365 days = $1.04/day

Okay, using Google Chrome was interesting.  I don't like the way the blog looks; the font is way too small.  However, when I went to load pictures, I could crtl + select and get more than one picture at a time.  Mmmm.

No comments: