Sunday, July 20, 2014

Cuties!

One of my favourite photographers ordered some more items.  I love making tiny, adorable things.  Even basics, like leg warmers, are so much cuter when done in newborn sizes.  I know I really shouldn't post this yet, as I still have to finish one more item (romper to go with bear hat), and I just mailed these things on Friday so she hasn't gotten them yet (though I don't think she reads this LOL).
 Pretty hard to display baby legwarmers without a baby, LOL.
 Teddy bear hat.  I tried something different.  I wanted a rounded shape, not the pointed rectangle shape like the pixie hats.  I cast on for the bottom, knit almost the height I wanted, then short rowed, starting with the middle third and adding one stitch each row on either side. 
 Once all the stitches were back in work, I felt it was a little short at the front, so I did a few more short rows to build up the centre front.  I hope the hat fits; it seems a little loose around the bottom, but my "head" doesn't have a neck LOL.
 Next up...this adorable little bear.  On Ravelry, it's "Bill and Ben Twin Bears".  It's a little more shaped then the inspiration photo Jenna sent me, but really, adding a bit of shaping for the paws doesn't take more time.  However...this pattern has you knit flat.  Pbsspt.  No way.  Knit it in the round and stuff as you go.  The hard thing was the assembly instructions were "sew seams and assemble".  There was no indication for the body which was the top.  The legs and arms I could pretty well tell.  The ears, I didn't know how the pattern was supposed to turn out, so I crocheted them.
Oh, I was going to crochet him a scarf!
I don't often vary from the teddy bear pattern I normally use, but to size it down to get a mini bear like this, I'd have to use very fine yarn.  This one is fine!

Yarn In: 5493gr
Yarn Out:   116gr + 2489gr = 2605gr
Balance:  2888gr more brought IN than out
Cost: $307.72/201 days = $1.53/day

No comments: