Back last May, or so, my cousin's wife announced they were expecting their first baby (she had two from previous relationships). It'd been a while since I made a large teddy bear, so I was excited to start another one. Then, about two weeks later, I found out that another cousin (his sister) was expecting....TWINS! The Sisters-in-law were due just a few weeks apart!
I got started on the blue one first, early August? Then, I got swamped by hooded cowls, Pocket Buddies, Toothlesses, and more! I had planned to have these done by last Christmas, but that blew past! I got them done last week, and delivered!
These are a Jean Greenhowe pattern, as mentioned in an earlier post...
I've never done one in a colour before. They've all been shades of beige, brown, grey, black, white...
This one is a thick chenille, and I believe was made for the cousin of these babies.
It worked out nice that I didn't like the grey scarf on the brown bear, so the twin boy bear got the scarf that matches his older brother's bear!
These were a little tricky to weigh, as I had to stuff the heads before finishing off the back. Each bear weighed about 313gr, give or take a bit since each head was a bit different. All together, 939gr, and the scarves were 48gr, for a total of 987gr!
Yarn In: 1776gr
Yarn Out: 2572gr + 987gr = 3559gr
Balance: 1783gr more USED than bought
Costs: $97.58 /118 days = $0.83/day