After making Megan a racer-back tank top (not blogged about yet), I thought maybe I could "feminize" the RAD t-shirt. The graphics on the back extended pretty far out to the sides, so I couldn't swoop it in too much. I also didn't want to mess with the lovely shoulder seams already there. They really do need to be taken in a bit though.
The armholes ended up quite large. She says she likes it because it is cool to wear a colourful sports bra or tank underneath. Dad disagrees. To finish the armholes, I folded under and used a twin needle. I read a hint to use woolly nylon in the bobbin, so I did that, and was quite pleased.
Excited by her response to this one, I secretly re-did another free t-shirt she wasn't wearing. Her school choir performed the national anthem at an Oshawa General's hockey game. Cue the one size t-shirt.
son's t-shirt for the neckband. She wasn't as impressed as I thought she'd be. Neither of these shirts had side seams so I didn't feel like tapering them in any, and this one really didn't have much excess anyway. Overall, I liked the result, but she still doesn't like the shirt and won't use it even for sleep :(